- Accurately assess the potential exposure due to employee, employer, or equipment issues.
- Determine impact of industry standards violations, including design errors, incorrect warnings, and/or improper guarding.
Over 30 Years Professional Engineering Experience / Expert Witness / Forensic Engineering Investigations
Very Extensive Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Plant Engineering Experience
Highest-Quality Regulations and Standards Research
Validation and Testing via Laboratories Certified by the American Association For Laboratory Accreditation
Key Analytical Steps
- Identify and Understand Employee / Employer Issues
- Ascertain and analyze Equipment Issues
- Analysis of Applicable Standards and Industry Practices Evaluation
- Burnham Engineering Associates Assessment Report
Investigations and Expert Witness
- Thorough understanding of details of fact situation and careful preparation for testimony.
- Clear and regular communications with client.
- Multi-disciplined expertise (mechanical, electrical, accident prevention, testing).
- Quick response.
- Interviews and Site Investigations/Benchmarking.
- Photography of Relevant Features.
- Standards Research.
- Validation of Conclusions.
- Assist litigators with interrogatories and questions for effectively deposing opponent witnesses.
- Read and Evaluate Complaint and Supporting Documentation.
- Theorize Prima Facie Accident Causation.
- Obtain and Review Relevant Industry Consensus Standards and Governmental Regulations.
- Evaluate Measurements, Warnings, Guarding, Function, Training, Lighting, Procedures, Documentation.
- Conduct Benchmarking.
- Revisit Accident Causation Theory and Assessment.
- Prepare Report and/or Testify.