Collaborative Engineering Services: Automotive and Truck OEM and Supplier Sectors
For Current or New Products: Component and Assembly Product Design Optimization Concepts and Development, through Design and Validation, to Achieve:
- Labor Cost Reduction
- Material Cost Reduction
- Component and/or Assembly Weight Reduction
- Improve Capital Utilization and Achieve Capital Cost Reduction
- Component Part and Assembly Quality Enhancement via Application of Six Sigma and DMAIC Methods
- Application of Current Products to New Markets/New Customers
- Adaptation of Current Products to New Markets through Design Change
- Resolution of Manufacturing Problems and Issues
- Expansion of Organizational Capability in the Eyes of Existing or New Customers
Current and Future Manufacturing Process “Fresh Eyes” Reviews
Process Application and Selection for Appropriateness and Efficiency
Current Process Review for:
Reduced Material Handling
Manufacturing Cost Reduction
Enhanced Manufacturing Capacity
Current Process and Plant Arrangement Review to Enhance Safety and/or Respond to Past Issues
Current and Future Process and Plant Arrangement to Reconcile Plant Footprint and Material Handling Requirements
Primary Product Categories where Burnham Engineering Associates Possess Specific, Thorough Hands-On Experience in Vehicle Design and Development:
- Engineering Feasibility Support for Design Studio digital design and clay property development – Automotive, Medium and Heavy-Duty Truck
- Total vehicle packaging engineering, body and chassis, and vehicle systems integration for Internal Combustion Drive (ICE) Systems and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV’s)-Automotive and Medium Duty Truck
- Automotive Body-In-White Optimization (design, stamping, welding, assembly processes, gage processing). General Motors, Ford, FCA.
Automotive Body mechanism designs to include door and window systems, seat adjustment mechanisms, closure mechanisms, and latching.
- Plastic injection molding (component design, tooling, assembly, fixturing).
- Automotive and aircraft seating systems (metal frames and structures, foam, mechanisms, assembly processes, manufacturing plant launch).
- Automotive fuel systems (six-layer coextruded blow-molded tanks, fuel system modules, filler tubes (component design, tooling, manufacturing processes, assembly).
- Automotive roof racks and exterior body components (component design, tooling, manufacturing processes, assembly).